Hello and welcome to the first day of my 30 day blogging challenge. In case you missed my previous post, I have decided to do a 30 day blogging challenge. This is my attempt at getting back into blogging and writing. I actually have a lot of ideas for posts but I can’t seem to find the words so I’m hoping this will help get my creativity going again.
1 – A recent picture of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself.
That’s me – Ky, 33 years old. I recently (February) had a hair cut, and got my fringe cut back in. After growing out various asymmetrical hair styles and side fringes I’ve gone for a pretty standard mum hair cut – bob with fringe. I have no idea what the face is all about. I am not one for taking selfies so always pull silly faces when I do.
- My hair has been pretty much every colour – pink, purple, blue, red, green, yellow, orange and many in between colours.
- I am a huge fan of music, especially rock/metal. My first one was Reading Festival 2001, and I’ve tried to go to as many as possible since. I’ve even gone on a 16 hour coach journey with 10 friends to a festival in Europe just because of one band that was playing.
- When I was younger I used to be quite sporty. I was one of only 2 girls to take football in our games lessons and I even playing netball for my school.
- I was once a majorette – yep I did baton twirling, pompom shaking, dancing and marching.
- Before becoming a mum I played roller derby but due to injury and then getting pregnant I gave up. I still have my skates, helmet and pads so maybe this summer it will be time to get back on them.
- I’m terrible with heights. I don’t like going on ferris wheels, high ladders. Once at a water park on holiday I got too freaked out half way up that I had to turn around and go back down. Although strangely I enjoyed going on the Eiffel Tower and The Sky Garden in London.
- Before I became a mum I had no interest in children or even becoming a parent. I had never held a baby or shown any interest in one.
- Stationery is a big obsession of mine. My biggest problem is notebooks. I keep buying them because they are pretty and never use them.
- When I was in college I studied travel and tourism because I had no idea what I actually wanted to do or be. If I am completely honest I still don’t know. I’ve worked in retail/customer service since I was 16 so when I do return to work I would love to change my path.
- I make a mean milkshake. I used to work in an american, fifties inspired milkshake shop in Guildford and it was great. Our special was called an american bad boy and it was so good.
- When I was younger I played Mary in our primary school nativity. Considering I now hate talking in front of large groups of people I find the idea of doing this now absolutely terrifying. I guess as a kid I had more confidence.
- Greece is my favourite place to go on holiday. I’m pretty sure I was greek in a former life. I could eat greek food all day long.
- I love to cook and bake. Since becoming a stay at home mum I think my cooking skills have improved.
- One of my main goals for this year is to improve my photography. Although we own a fancy pants camera, I love taking photos on my film cameras. I currently have film in 3 cameras, all unfinished so over the next few weeks I will try to get them finished and developed.
- I hate writing facts about myself as I don’t think I am very interesting.
Well I managed it- just so thank you for reading. Hopefully over the next 30 days I will improve and get back on the blogging train.