Easy pasta bake – Tuna, sweetcorn and tomatoes
Like most families some nights we just need something quick and easy for dinner. This is probably one of the easiest dinners you can make. We are big fans of Italian food, especially pasta. Most of the time when I ask Clem what she would like for dinner it’s either pasta or peas. Whenever I make this I always end up with too much. However it tastes great the next day for lunch which is good. I would say this recipe serves 4.
- 250g Pasta – I used spirals as that’s all we had in the cupboard but any shape is good.
- 1 tin of tomatoes or 4 fresh ones
- 1 tin of sweet corn
- Tin of tuna
- Pinch of salt
- Mixed Italian herbs – oregano/basil
- Cheese – I used cheddar but you could use mozzarella instead.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions. It doesn’t matter if it’s still a bit hard as it’s about to go in the oven.
- Once cooked, drain and put back into the saucepan.
- Stir in the tuna, sweetcorn, herbs and tinned tomatoes. If you like it a bit more creamy you can add a splash of double cream or cream cheese.
- Place in a baking dish and cover in cheese. Bake in the oven for 20/25 minutes until bubbling and the cheese has gone a lovely golden colour.
- Serve with a lovely side salad or garlic bread/dough balls if that’s what you prefer.