A few of my favourite things – 1
Don’t worry I’m not about to burst into a Julie Andrews impression yodeling on an Austrian mountain, making dresses out of curtains. No this is my attempt to blog more regularly so I’m going to do a monthly (I was thinking weekly but I know I won’t manage that) roundup of my favourite things. This might be things I’ve read on other blogs, films/tv shows I’ve watched, recipes, DIY, crafts, fashion, beauty, music I’ve listened to, literally anything. So here goes, my first list of my favourite things this week.
What I’ve Been Watching.
- I’m a few episodes behind but I’ve been watching The People V OJ Simpson : American Crime Story on BBC. I’m really enjoying it, I think the cast is actually really good, once you get past how weird John Travolta looks. I obviously haven’t finished it so I can’t comment on it fully but it’s definitely worth checking out. Although saying that if you haven’t watched Making a Murderer on Netflix watch that!
- We’ve also been watching season 2 of Better Call Saul which I have been finding a little slow until the second to last episode. Now I can’t wait for the last one, because that also means that it’s time for Game of Thrones to start again.
Sharing the blog love – favourite posts I’ve read recently
- This is a great guide to perfecting your flatlays for instagram. Sarah has a lovely instagram feed, and I am always admiring her flat lays as I just cannot do them myself so this was pretty handy.
- Hypnobirthing was never something I even thought about when I was pregnant. A friend did give me a book on it, and if I am honest I never even looked at it and after reading Kayes post I’m a bit sad I didn’t look into more. I wasn’t nervous or worried before giving birth, in fact people kept saying just how laid back and calm we both were about the whole thing. I didn’t get stressed, I just went with it. We did do an ante-natal course with the NCT although that was more to make friends with other people than to learn about what happens. If there is a next time then this is definitely something I would look into more.
- I have to admit I’ve been terrible at blogging the last few weeks. I haven’t even looked at it for the last few days so Leanne’s post came at a great time. If I’m honest I’m feeling a little bit lost at the moment with my blog. It’s a big old world and there is definitely a lot of bloggers out there. I was worried no one was reading it, but as Leanne said your blog should be for you first so that’s what I’m going to concentrate on. It might mean a few changes here and there but I feel like it might be a good time for a change.
- If you are a fan of metal/rock/punk/alternative music then you have to check out Thats Not Metal podcast. I don’t listen to many podcasts but this one I listen to weekly. I’ve even subscribed so I can get the specials it’s that good. Written by two guys who have previously/still do write for metal hammer they give honest opinions about the music industry, news and releases. They’ve done specials on metallica, pantera, the year 2002 (a particular favourite of mine) and roadrunner records.
- One of my favourite bands of all time released a new album this week and I’m really struggling to like it. I’ve tried 3 times to listen to it and I’ve switched to something else after 2/3 songs. Is anyone else a fan of Deftones? Are you liking their new album? I mean people must like it as I think it’s currently number 1 in the midweek charts.
- I love nutella, who doesn’t, I also love baking so these brownies sound amazing! I’ve been baking and cooking a lot more recently so I will definitely be trying these out.
- Clem really doesn’t like eating meat so if anyone has any great meat free recipes for toddlers then please feel free to leave a comment. I’m always looking for tasty things to feed her.
- I’m hoping to post a lot more food/recipe posts as I’m really enjoying all the cooking I’ve been doing and it also gives me a chance to practice my photography, food is definitely easier to take a photo of than a moving toddler.
So there’s a few of my favourite things that I’ve seen this month. Fingers crossed I manage to do another post next month!