Download Festival 2017 – Must See Bands
It’s festival time again, this used to be my favourite time of year. Before Clem we used to go to Download Festival every year. It was our summer holiday. We would always go with a large group of friends. Sadly since having her we haven’t been, and now with the prices increasing each year it’s only going to get harder to go. However that doesn’t stop me from looking at the lineup every year and working out who to see.
Some years the lineup has been quite weak and there hasn’t actually been that many bands I’ve wanted to see. However this year, it’s a pretty amazing lineup. There are so many bands I would personally see I am going to break it down stage by stage, starting from the main to the fourth.
Must see bands on the main stage at Download Festival
- System of a Down – I first saw SOAD in 2001, and this will probably be the first time they are in the UK and I won’t see them. They know how to put on a show, and will be excellent headliners.
- Five Finger Death Punch – Always great at getting the crowd going.
- Biffy Clyro
- A Day To Remember
- AFI – Even though I only saw them last week in London I am so sad to be missing them at Download. They were amazing, and they haven’t toured over here for a long time. My inner goth was very happy to see them.
- Creeper – A relatively new band but wow! They are fast becoming a favourite of mine, and although I haven’t seen them live I know they are great. Also amazing to see them on the main stage. It makes a change to see younger, newer bands up there instead of the same older ones.
- Steel Panther
Must see bands on the second stage
- Rob Zombie – I’m actually gutted to be missing Rob Zombie. I’ve never seen him live even though he’s been at other festivals I’ve always chosen someone else over seeing him.
- Coheed & Cambria – One of my favourite bands of all time, and I am so happy to see them this high up on the lineup.
- Slayer – They always put on a great show.
- Devildriver – if you’ve never seen Devildriver before then you are in for one hell of a show. They are known for having the biggest circle pits of the weekend and having been in two of them I can definitely say they do.
Must see bands on the third and fourth stages
- Sleeping with Sirens
- Four Year Strong
- Every Time I Die
- Dillinger Escape Plan
- Moose Blood
- The Lounge Kittens
- Fallen State – They might be right down there at the bottom on the sunday and on the fourth stage but they are worth checking out. These guys are from my hometown in North Devon and great.
Is anyone going to Download? Have I missed anyone out? Please let me know in the comments.