Ever get that feeling like you just want to stop blogging and give up? I was feeling like that not that long ago. It’s actually why this blog now exists. After blogging on my previous blog for just over 2 years I hit a bit of a wall. So I decided to start all over again!! Now I definitely wouldn’t advise everyone to do this. However for me, it was the right choice. My DA wasn’t brilliant, my stats weren’t amazing, and I know it isn’t all about that. But I felt like my domain name was restricting me. I definitely prefer this one. After taking a few months off at the end of 2016, my love for blogging is back.
So what do you do when you feel like you have a blogging block?
- What should you blog about? Knowing what you’re interested in is the first place to start when it comes to thinking about what kind of content you want to create for your blog. Why not take a notebook and write down some of your interests, hobbies, recipes, favourite things, other things you enjoy reading on other blogs.
- Write draft titles. I do this a lot. In fact I have about 10 different posts all started and just waiting to be finished. When I feel like blogging I can either start a new post or go back and look at my drafts.
- Get reading. Other blogs, magazines, Reddit, books, whatever will give you inspiration. Personally I am a big fan of Bloglovin. It’s great for finding new blogs to follow.
- Don’t stress. If you find yourself getting annoyed and worked up about not being able to blog – step away. I took the time out, went on a mini break away from the computer and social media. It gave me to time to really think about what I want to write about.
- Just write. So what if it’s rubbish. You can delete it and start again. Write for yourself, stop thinking of the readers. I love reading honest, open, and truthful posts. I’m nosey, I like to know what other people are doing. If you are happy with it then others probably will be as well.
- Revisit old posts. Can’t think of new things to write? Go back right to the beginning, I bet you can find lots of things to change. I know that I could.
If all of that fails then pinterest is full of posts giving you loads of prompts to write about. Whilst not ideal, it might be a good way to get the creativity flowing again. Personally I found taking the time off to think about what I really wanted to write about was good. I’m now more focused, and ready to start blogging again.
This is fantastic advice!! I think sometimes we all just need to give ourselves a little break & step back. Just like any job! It’s nice to see you back & revived. ?