2017 Blogging + Life Goals
Hello 2017! I’m not one for making resolutions, I don’t really see the point in them. When I have made them in the past I’ve usually broken them by the end of the first week of January anyway! However I really want to make some progress with my blogging and life so I’ve decided on some goals I would like to achieve by the end of the year. It might seem silly for me to be setting goals for 2017 for this blog, considering it’s so new. But personally I think that’s exactly the sort of thing I should be doing. The aim of setting these goals is so that I can be focused for the upcoming year. Somewhere I can have a record of what I hope to achieve. Hopefully they aren’t unrealistic and I can achieve most if not all of them.
Blogging Goals for 2017
- Actually writing some posts would be a good place to start. I have lots of posts planned, I just need to get them written.
- Get some readers and improve my stats. Starting again from scratch might have been a bit silly but I needed a change. So I guess this is my biggest challenge for this year. Gain a readership and promote my posts.
- Engage more with readers. Reply and talk more on twitter, facebook, instagram.
- Create a newsletter and actually do something with it. Not just sign up for mailchimp and then leave it.
- Get to know more bloggers and find new blogs to read. Towards the end of last year I was fairly absent from the blogging world and I want to get back into it. I miss twitter chats (I’m looking at you #tribalchat). Linkys were also good especially as a way of reading blogs, before starting my own blog I actually used to read a lot of different ones. So I want to get back into that.
Life Goals for 2017
- Be more healthy…yeah yeah I know everyone says this, especially when its a new year. However I got a fitbit for Christmas and just in the last week I’ve been more active than ever.
- Try and get back into work – be it part or full-time. After almost 3 years of being a stay at home mum, I know it’s not going to be easy. If I can find something to fit in around Clem, then that will be great. I have a few ideas for things I want to do so it’s just a matter of taking a leap and doing them.
- Be more organised in all aspects of my life. I love my planner, I’ve only got one this year but I need to use it.
- JUST DO IT! I am terrible at procrastinating. I will make endless lists of things that I need to, but never actually achieve anything. So this year I will actually do it.
- Cook more. I am going to aim to cook at least one new meal a week. There’s a whole shelf of recipe books in my dining room just screaming out for attention.
- Take more photos. One of the things I absolutely love doing is documenting our lives through photos. I am constantly taking photos. I also have quite a good Camera Collection going on so I’m definitely going to be getting out more with them.
So there we go, I think that’s enough to be getting on with. So 2017, let’s do this!